What is in a provincial routine?

I had an email from a parent of a new competitive athlete. This parent asked, "Being new to competitive trampoline, I was wondering if is there a document available that describes the elements that are required in routines for Provincial levels A, B and C?" As I was answering her question I thought others might have the same question.

At BC Provincial Trials in the preliminary round all trampoline athletes do one compulsory routine and one optional routine. Compulsory routines are set for each level. To see what these are you can refer to these documents on the Gymnastics BC website.
10 and Under compulsory routine
Provincial C, B, & A compulsory routines
Optional (referred to of voluntary routines) routines are created by the athlete's coach and have a required minimum and maximum degree of difficulty. 

After the preliminary round the top 10 athletes in the category move on to finals. Athletes that qualify for finals will do a second optional (or voluntary) routine. Often this routine is the same optional routine they did in the preliminary round.

For Double Mini Trampoline each level has a minimum and maximum degree of difficulty. In the qualifying/preliminary round the athlete performs 2 passes. If they make finals they do another 2 passes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canada Cup 2014

2019 AJM