Words of advice from Gymnastics BC...
If an incident occurs, do you know what to do?At Gymnastics BC, we receive many inquiries about what to do in the event of an incident. It is extremely important to report an incident right away, no matter how minor it may be. Below are answers to our most frequently asked questions about incidents, and the steps you are required to take should an incident occur:
What is an incident?
An incident constitutes an injury, be it large or small, which requires any level of first aid.
What should I do if an incident occurs?
- Immediately document the incident as thoroughly as possible. Where appropriate, secure comments from witnesses.
- Submit an incident report to Gymnastics BC within 48 hours of the incident.
- Provide the injured member with the Accident Claim Form and direction on the filing procedure.
Accident Claim Form filing procedure:
- Complete the front portion of the Accident Claim Form
- Submit the claim form to club management for certification and signature.
- Email, mail or fax the completed claim form to Gymnastics BC within 29 days of the incident. GBC will verify membership status and forward the claim form to SBC Insurance.
- Have the attending dentist or physician complete the applicable form for dental and medical reimbursement.
- Submit the proof of claim and dentist or physician report directly to the insurance company within 90 days of the incident.
- If you don’t have any claims yet but expect that you will, submit the claim form anyways.
What else should I inform GBC of?
- If you call the police, fire department or ambulance, or if any of these emergency responders attend your facility for any matter other than routine facility safety inspections.
- If you have contact with a lawyer for any matter related to the club*.